Tuesday, April 26, 2011




It begins now 
My self starts here 


26 April
Chay-Ya


What is it to do group practise alone? 
Momentum of moving towards another is magnetism
Momentum of self is? 
Choice?
Moving towards union or oneness with everything?







Move towards yourself 
See what you are seeing (text from Dani) 






I listened to this song (Po' Lararus), it echoed and resonated through the space, haunting, evocative, powerful. 


I see parts, my eyes painted white. Face painted colour.
Soft white light, mist permeating like cloud
areas of shadow


Its 9.12am, what started as inspiration became distraciton. 
I am here again but it is entirely different. This is new now.


Synchronising mind and body in every activity. Does it help to imagine an audience? To rest in the part of your awareness that is witnessing? Dance now. (text from Kim)


My pen is running out. Time to let go of writing.


Socks on, eyes closed
Smaller steps barefoot singing
Eyes open




I walked behind you, so I could see you
Move the way you do, do
Move the way you do
Don't you know just to play with what you're given?

Scout Niblett from Wet Road


Subraminium and Solar Plexus
I played 35 minutes of a 50 minute track on my ipod called "Subraminium" which I think my friend Naomi gave me. Searching for its origin on the net the closest I can find is this site Indian Violin




I don't feel like there are strong fast movements in me today, if I fall in the underside, into the back section into where I am now. I find something else.

This is not pretend. This is real.

I exit from the rear of the studio, traveling down the staircase through the kitchen and then out through the downstairs theatre and the front doors onto the street. Walk one block with barefeet, it is much colder outside than in.

I re-enter in the same way.


Hypnosis theme by Wax Tailor

Am I forcing something by diligently staying here until the space hire is up even though I have no particular desire to dance?
I've never done nothing at dancehouse. I have spent hours lying on the floor at Cecil St. Perhaps this time alone is for me to acquaint myself with the studio. Find a way to feel productive by doing nothing, simply by being in the space. By bringing all of me in here, fronting up to my part in this relationship with space.

There are 23 minutes left, how would I like to use them?

Sitting on the floor, without the need to do anything and find a way to energetically meet the space.

I will put my socks back on first.

I am inhabiting my own body, I am my inhabitant. The sounds outside fill my back body, birdsong and traffic noise travel my bloodstream. Fill my ribs with air and soundwaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment